Saturday, March 27, 2010

A poem for Robert.

Robert…how do you make me love you?
Every day I need you
I know you’re there …
When my mind feels numb
Sorrow and pain over flowing
When it feels like I can’t go on
You hold me,
You comfort me.

You’re….
Amazing
You’re the most beautiful thing…
From your eyes to your toes
Your personality,
My love,
How can I tell you?
How much I love you?

Just as surely as the sun will rise tomorrow
So is as sure will I be yours
Just as easily as I say the truth, the words, I love you
Will they prevail over people who will try,
Try to keep us apart for who we are, for who we love
They can say what they want, make our lives as hard as they need too
But I know with you
I’ll stand right through it.

Every day we live we’re closer to the day we die…
If that day was today
There’d only be a single regret, never holding you.
You’ve made my life heaven,
You’ve made it meaningful,
You’ve given me hope for tomorrow…
That tomorrow will come
And we’ll be together.

I love you…
I love you with everything I am
Every part of me loves you…
From the depth of my heart
To the sea’s of my eyes
I love you
I love you…
I love you, Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment